- Rowing Machine
- Dual Adjustable Pulley Machine
- Free Weights and Kettlebells
- Basketball Court with Viewing Gallery
- Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainers*
- Adaptive Motion Trainers*
- Upright Bike*
- Recumbent Bike*
- Wi-Fi Access
- Basketball and Dodgeball Leagues
- Badminton Clinics
- Fitness Classes
- A Stretching Room (with Balancing Balls, Yoga Mats, and Rollers)
Engage in the spirit of friendly competition with 5v5 basketball on Tuesday nights. Check back later for updates on league information.
Channel your energy into exhilarating 6v6 dodgeball on Thursday evenings. Check back laterfor updates on league information.
1926 - 1928
for over 88 years
The YMCA Armed Forces Building, also known as the Navy Central YMCA Annex, was built as a dormitory for sailors stationed at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard after World War I.
During World War II
Lifting the Spirits of
The YMCA opened its doors to all men in uniform and waived the membership dues. By holding numerous USO dances and activities for the servicemen in the gymnasium, the branch became the largest USO in the area.
After being closed for 30 years following the building’s conversion into The Metropolitan Apartments, restoration of the gymnasium finally began. On August 20, the new gymnasium was open for play once again.