Touring a potential apartment can be a daunting task. The amount of information you take in about policies, amenities and more can be overwhelming—especially as you’re trying to visualize yourself in this new space. That’s why it’s important to come prepared with questions to ask when touring an apartment. That way, you gather all of the important information you need to make a smart decision while also being able to stay focused on looking around your potential future home.
Frequently Asked Questions About Reinhold Residential Properties
Here are a few of the most common questions to ask when touring an apartment, along with what you need to know about Reinhold Properties so you can get a head start before touring one of our properties yourself.
- Can I pay my rent online? Online payments are expected at most luxury apartment communities today, and the tour is a good time to find out exactly how the process works. Reinhold operates a Resident Services page for each of our properties through which residents can pay rent securely, check the status of their payments, and review their payment history.
- How are maintenance requests made? Any renter knows that occasional issues arise with the space that require the attention of a skilled maintenance professional. Before signing a lease, renters should know how to contact that person to ensure it’s a smooth and simple process. At Reinhold, residents use the same online portal through which they pay rent to submit maintenance requests, which are immediately sent to maintenance personnel and addressed.
- Can I have pets in the apartment? Pet owners shouldn’t assume that all apartment communities welcome their pets and instead should find that information out before applying, along with any pet policies and fees. Reinhold Properties welcome both cats and dogs, with up to two pets per apartment and a $300 per pet fee upon moving in.
- Does the apartment require renter’s insurance? Renter’s insurance is another expense, but it can be an important one to protect your assets. Reinhold Residential requires every renter to have coverage—specifics are laid out in the lease.
- What services or utilities are included in my rent? In order to budget correctly, residents should be aware upfront if the total rent cost includes any services or utilities. Details concerning utilities differ at each Reinhold Residential apartment building. Renters can check with the leasing agent to confirm which utilities are included in the rent.
- Can I change the inside of my apartment? If you see aspects of your future apartment on a tour that you’re not completely happy with, such as the wall color or fixtures, find out early on if the property allows you to make changes to avoid any fees. Most Reinhold Residential communities allow you to make minor changes provided you return the apartment in the condition you received it.
If you’re looking for a new home, Reinhold has you covered. Contact us today to schedule a tour of one or several of our communities.