As spring gets ready to roll in, we can’t wait to get outside and enjoy a breath of fresh, warm air – and with the higher temperatures come all kinds of outdoors events and festivals. Get ready to watch the city come back to life, and open up your calendar for one (or many!) of these exciting spring celebrations:
- Philly Craft Beer Festival: Celebrate the 10th annual Philly Craft Beer Festival with over 75 brewers and more than 100 beers. Get a taste of beers from around the block, around the country, and around the globe at the VIP session or at the General Session. For information about tickets and more, go to Philly Craft Beer Fest.
- Date: March 5
- Location: March 5, The Navy Yard
- Cost: $46-$75
- Macy’s Flower Show: Macy’s is back with their iconic annual Flower Show, and this year’s theme is America The Beautiful. Join in on their celebration of America’s vast and varied landscapes and the beautiful flora indigenous to each—from purple mountain majesties across the wilderness and from sea to shining sea.
- Date: March 20-April 3
- Location: Macy’s Center City
- Cost: Free
- Cinedelphia Film Festival: This festival celebrates the art of cinema by screening films from all decades over two weeks, as well as obscure works and oddities to give audiences an opportunity to experience rarely screened films. You can also enjoy local musicians playing along to 16mm films, a comedy show, and various programs and talks about a variety of film-related subjects.
- Date: April 7-23
- Location: PhilaMOCA
- Cost: Price varies per program. Check Brown Paper Tickets for more information.
- Philadelphia Furniture Show: Celebrate the Philadelphia Furniture Show’s 22nd year with the exhibition of exceptional artisan quality furniture. As the longest running exhibition of its kind, the Furniture Show is setting the bar for the finest heirloom handmade furniture and furnishings in the United States.
- Date: April 8-10
- Location: 23rd St. Armory
- Cost: Free
- Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts: At PIFA, you can enjoy a series of events that brings together local, American, and international artists who work in a variety of media, and celebrates arts in all of its forms. The diverse and engaging selection of exhibits, performances and gatherings, cater to audiences with all kinds of tastes and interests.
- Date: April 8-23
- Location: Kimmel Center
- Cost: Price varies per performance. Check PIFA for more information.
- Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia: The Subaru Cherry Blossom Festival of Greater Philadelphia brings Japanese tradition to Pennsylvania with a celebration of the return of spring. Be entertained by the martial arts demonstrations, live performances, or family-friendly arts and crafts–all under the blossoming cherry trees at the Horticulture Center in Fairmount Park.
- Date: April 11-17
- Location: Multiple locations
- Cost: Adults $10. Children 12 and under enter for free.
- Philadelphia Science Festival: The Philadelphia Science Festival is a great opportunity for people of all ages and educational backgrounds to explore science, technology, and engineering in a fun and interactive setting. Visit one of the exhibitions if you are looking for an entertaining yet educational hands-on experience.
- Date: April 22-30
- Location: Multiple locations in Center City
- Cost: Free
- Rittenhouse Row Spring Festival: This festival is a Philadelphia tradition where fashion, fine food, and family-friendly fun come together. You will see booths lining the streets, selling food from local vendors as well as locally made arts and crafts, and live music and entertainment in full swing entertaining guests all day long.
- Date: May 21
- Location: Rittenhouse Row
- Cost: Pay as you go