In recent days new concepts like “social distancing” and “flatten the curve” have changed the way we go about our daily lives. Some of us have had to create a new office space in our apartment so we can work remotely at home, while some of us now find ourselves with unexpected extra time on our hands with nowhere to go. Whatever your situation, there are many wonderful resources to take advantage of during these unprecedented times. Try using this time to empower yourself to develop new skills or enrich your lives with culture. And don’t forget to sprinkle in some much-needed fun and relaxation during this stressful time.
12 Things to Do While Staying Home
- Free online Ivy League classes
- Museums You Can Visit from Your Couch Right Now
- Take a Virtual Tour of the Sistine Chapel
- Sign Up for free Sling TV, Netflix, Hulu etc. and have a streaming party with friends
- Have a virtual happy hour or dinner party with friends using conferencing tools like Zoom and Google Hangouts
- Enjoy one of the New York Public Library’s 300,000 e-books
- Winchester Mystery House tour
- Check out the live stream from the National Aquarium
- Experience the wonder of our National Parks
- Test your knowledge with Livingroom Pub Trivia
- Tour NASA Space Center in Houston
- Learn to play the guitar! Fender is offering 3 months of free guitar lessons.